11 March 2011

the darker days

This had to be one of my most recent favorite shoots that I have done. Again, no color. I had the option to keep the low saturated colors on these images but I did not think it did it's justice as black and white would do. I took these within the month of November and have not done a shoot since then. I want to get back into photography and get some shoots going. My concept was not just to have a pretty girl looking pretty. I find perfect boring, unless you are going over the top and have 10 people working on your make up only. I wanted something creepy and dark, not just a pretty picture. 

4 comments:

  1. You have attained your goal. This picture is creepy and dark. It's also fascinating and makes you want to ask questions. For instance: What was the subject thinking? There is art that I appreciate for it's beauty and art I appreciate for the thoughts and feelings it invokes in me. This picture makes me feel both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hauntingly beautiful in B&W. I like the way the light accentuates your model in the second pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When staring into these black and white photos, I find that the eyes stick out most to me. Despite being in black and white, the depth of the models eyes in the first one amazes me, and the accented light in eye of the profile picture keeps drawing my eye towards it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shot on the left is my favorite; it is beautiful while being haunting and creepy at the same time. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete